Below are 9 benefits of having a Linkedin account:-
1. Increases your exposure: Your profile, with recommendations, your CV and your work experience will be readily available on the internet. Potential employers can take a look at your experiences right away and get back to you.
2. You can look for jobs: Companies do post jobs on Linkedin too. You can search for these jobs in the search box and apply for them.
3. Meet professionals with similar interests: By joining groups you are interested in, you can meet people with similar interests and build relationships with them and help each other out.
4. Get your doubts cleared: Another advantage of groups is that there are always experts in these groups who can clear doubts. You can ask questions by starting discussions in these groups and get all your doubts cleared. You can also ask questions using Linkedin answers.
5. Show your skills and expertise: You can also show the skills and expertise you possess in your field, by answering questions posted in groups and on Linkedin answers.
6. You can share your latest content on Linkedin: Social media and content go hand in hand. Linkedin is another social network where content can be freely shared. There’s also a big possibility that this content could lead to work, as the chances of them being read by decision makers are high.
7. Increase your site traffic: Sharing good content will also increase you web traffic. You also get a powerful back link when you fill in your details and add your website to it.
8. Stay ahead of competition: Using Linkedin you can find out the latest news and changes in the market place and use this to your advantage and stay ahead of your competitors.
9. Increase your credibility: When you go for an interview, your potential employers always ask for recommendations to make sure that you are fit for the job. You usually have to provide an email or a phone number of your ex-employer. But Linkedin makes this a lot easier as you can just ask your employers to recommend you for the work you have done for them directly on your Linkedin profile and people who visit your profile will be able to see this.
Sign up to have our latest blog posts emailed straight to your inbox and get the Free Video Tutorial “How to Use Pinterest for Business?”
Do you use Linkedin to promote yourself? Have you got anymore tips that can help people use Linkedin better? Please share your tips and ideas below.