TweetWould you like to write content that generates clients?
You could have the best designed blog, lots of followers and lots of “likes”, a good SEO blog, but all this won’t be of any use if your content isn’t good enough. The requisite to a good inbound marketing strategy is writing powerful content that converts.
Powerful content that has the ability to attract attention and educate can convert readers and browsers, into long lasting leads. Well written content also has the natural ability to be shared repeatedly and attract links and more and more followers who will regularly share your content and build relationships with you.
Given below are step by step instructions which can help you get started with writing powerful content that generates clients…
1. Target audience: Before you start writing your content you need to figure out your target audience. Everything you write needs to be written for your target audience. If your target audience doesn’t like or find your content helpful, there’s no use putting in any effort to write your content. You need to always write your content for your target audience in order to produce results. For tips on how to find out more about your target audience read this post.
2. Brainstorm: Once you have figured out your target audience, you need to brainstorm topic ideas. Sit down with a pen and paper and think up all the ideas you can get; ideas your target audience will find interesting. Think of as many topics as you can. Once you have enough ideas, filter them and select the best ones and decide which of the topics you would like to start working on right away. Some different idea themes you can come up with are – how to articles, list articles, news articles, etc.
3. Research: After you have selected your topic perform some research on it. Read related articles, magazines, blogs, books etc. Also research your marketers and your competitors. This research will not only help you write a detailed article, but will also give you many article ideas which you can use in the future. Make sure you take a note of some important points you would like to include in the article.
4. Writing: Once you finish the research you can start writing the content.
The steps below will help you get started:-
1. Headline: The headline is the most important part of the article. It’s the first thing the reader sees. A good headline attracts attention and convinces the reader to read the rest of the article. The type of headline you choose normally depends upon the type of article you are writing. But the best formula to use while writing a headline is to use one that mentions a benefit and generates curiosity.
2. The main content: 80% of the visitors a blog receives are new visitors. Therefore every time you write a post you need to make sure that it is something these new visitors understand. This is why you need to start every blog post with a good introduction which links to other post which explain definitions in detail. The introduction needs to briefly discuss a problem (or question) and needs to create a base for the entire content.
After the introduction the most helpful part of the article comes. This is the part of article where questions are answered. You need to make sure you answer all the questions your audience will expect to be answered when they read this article. Explain everything in detail. Use all the important information you have gathered in this part of the article.
3. Ending: After you have explained everything you need to end your article with a call to action. The call to action could be to go to a landing page where the reader can download a free ebook, white paper, guide, etc. or it could be to go to a sales page where the reader can buy a product which provides the same or similar solution to the one described in the article.
Also make sure you end your article with a question and a statement which will get your readers to leave a comment. Comments let you know that people are reading your articles and paying attention to them. Comments can also help you build relationships with your readers as you will be directly communicating with each other.
You also shouldn’t forget to leave an author bio at the end of the article, if your blog has articles which are posted by several authors.
A good article without including the bio is at least 300 words long.
After you finish writing your article make sure that you edit and SEO it. For tips on how to SEO your content read this post.
Sign up to have our latest blog posts emailed straight to your inbox and get the Free Video Tutorial “How to Use Pinterest for Business?”
Hope you find the above tops helpful. Do you like writing content? Have you got any other content writing tips you would like to share with us? Please leave your comments in the comments box below.