Are you using the right tools in your blogging strategy?
Blogging can be a great way to attract huge amounts of traffic and generate leads and increase sales. But just writing good content for your blog and getting it search engine optimized will automatically not help you increase traffic and generate leads. Your blog needs to be supported by other tools which will enhance your blog and make it more effective.
A blog with many tools will be a better lead generating machine than one that’s just got content.
Below is a list of 5 tools every blogging strategy requires:-
1. Newsletter: Building a newsletter full of leads is one of the first things every blog should do. It’s best to keep your business blog advert free at all times, so it’s important to have a newsletter, as all the advertisements to your products and services can be sent through your newsletter. Using newsletters you can let your subscribers know about your latest posts, your latest marketing material, your latest guides, latest news, etc. A newsletter can be used to aggressively market your services and products. A good newsletter software you could try out is Aweber.
2. White paper, guides and videos: White papers and other forms of guides should also be part of your blog as they are portable. A reader can easily carry your PDF around on their e-readers. They can also be printed easily and carried around with ease and read anywhere. A white paper or any guide consisting of your best tips can help spread your expertise and generate leads. These guides can also be used to increase newsletter sign ups, as you can give them away as a free gift each time your readers sign up. If you plan to use it as a gift, just make sure the white paper or guide topic is similar to the posts posted on your blog.
3. Facebook Page: Every blog should have a facebook page, where all its latest posts are shared. Facebook has over 800 million active users and you need to make sure that your blog takes advantage of this and develops a page and attracts fans. These fans can help increase your traffic and also generate powerful long lasting leads. It’s very easy to set up your own facebook page. Read the posts on how to set up a facebook page and a facebook landing page to get started with your facebook page.
4. Twitter account: 144 million tweets are shared every day. You need to make sure you play your part and share tweets too. So, always set up an account for your blog too. On this account you can share your blog updates and content produced by your blog and other blogs too. This will help you gather an audience and build relationships.
5. Social Share Buttons: Every blog needs to have social hare buttons embedded in their posts – at least those of the major social networks. Your blog needs to have social share buttons of Linkedin, facebook, Twitter, and Google + at least. You could also add social share buttons of other social bookmarking sites like Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Digg, Tumblr, etc. These social share buttons will make it easy for your readers to share your content.
These 5 tools will make your blog more powerful at generating both traffic and leads. So make them a part of your blogging and inbound marketing strategy.
Sign up to have our latest blog posts emailed straight to your inbox and get the Free Video Tutorial “How to Use Pinterest for Business?”
Hope you find the above tips helpful. Have you got any other blogging tools you have found helpful? Would you like to share your tips with us? Please leave your comments in the comment box below.