Facebook has recently made the timeline available to all its users. Timeline is a great new addition for facebook users. I personally think that everybody should make use of it, as it makes it easy for you to track all your post based on the date and time you posted them. It also makes it easy for you to highlight the most important moments in your life that you shared on facebook and make them easily visible to your friends.
The 7 steps below will help you set up your facebook timeline…
1. Visit this timeline page and click on get time line. As soon as you click on this button, timeline will be enabled for your profile.
2. Once you get timeline, spend some time and get a feel of what your new profile looks like.
3. The first change you could do is add a cover image. In timeline you get the option to add a large cover image along with your profile picture. You can do this by clicking on “Add a Cover.”
4. The next thing you can do is edit the posts. You can remove, hide or delete posts you don’t want anybody to look at. You can do this by hovering over a post with your mouse and then clicking on the pencil image that appears on the top right corner of the post.
5. You can also highlight posts you find very important by clicking on the star button which can be located beside the edit button on each post. Highlighting them will make them more prominent.
6. Another option timeline offers is the “activity log” which can be located right below the “Add a Cover” option. Clicking on this option will take you to the activity log. On the activity log page you can check all your activities on any date. It makes it easy for you to find old posts and edit them.
7. After you finish editing your time line you have the option to publish it right away by clicking on publish now. If you don’t want to publish it by yourself, facebook will give you a 7 day preview period. After these 7 days facebook will automatically publish your timeline.
Sign up to have our latest blog posts emailed straight to your inbox and get the Free Video Tutorial “How to Use Pinterest for Business?”
Hope you find this post helpful. Have you tried out the new timeline? Do you like it? Have you got any other tips you would like to share with us? Please leave your comments in the comments box below.